I Miss the Days | Teen Ink

I Miss the Days

April 20, 2015
By kylee TENNY BRONZE, BALLWIN, Missouri
kylee TENNY BRONZE, BALLWIN, Missouri
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments


I miss the days when you’d push me on the swings. up… up… and oovvveeerrr the rooftops.
I miss the days when we’d sing our favorite song even though we were completely off tune.
I miss the days when you’d say “don’t get wet!”then you would end up being the one to get me in the water.
I miss the days when we played tackle on the couch.
I miss the days when you would build me a playground, toy box, and picnic table as well.
I miss the days when you took us out for ice cream and you ate aaaalllllllllll the left overs.
I miss the days when we filled our piggy banks with your extra change and once we had enough for a dollar we’d exchange. then the next day I would ask you if you had any more change.
I miss the days when you’d tell amazing stories & tell them once more, & then again and agian and agian.
I miss the days when you’d give us all VIP tours of the world bird sanctuary, and when I couldn’t come to the birds you would bring the birds to my school.
He NEVER missed a veterans day for me, Mrs. Brown called him “used to be red.” because you used to have red hair.
most of all I miss going to “HOME DEPO” (the ice creme store) twice because you “forgot” the first time those days were magical.
As I left on tuesday, I was about to leave I ran back, for I had forgotten to give you a hug goodbye. Once I got up the stairs I remembered I can no longer give you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck. I can only remember when we did.
I will remind my younger cousins of you , and my kids, and their kids, and their kids of your amazing stories so they will never be forgotten. either way no one will ever
forget you. You will always be remembered as a great person and my grandpa. ~Kylee


The author's comments:

I wrote this after my Grandpa died and ended up sharing it his funeral.