Treasure | Teen Ink

Treasure

By 6fraz SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6fraz SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Minooka Park, a true treasure, the largest park in Waukesha County. With a total of 579 acres, a place where you can enjoy a refreshing day at the beach, go on a hike through miles of trails, ride horses, walk dogs, swim, eat and ski.

All year round, my family and I take my dog Odin to the dog park. Here, I watch as dogs play on the freshly cut grass. Everyone there is friendly. The proceed to talk to me about there day, where they got there dog, and have stimulated conversations as if I'm there best friend. When i’m here I feel like I’m at home. Sometimes I get surprise and hear the sounds of horses gallop on the wooded paths surrounding the dog exercise area.  Watching my dog enjoy himself playing with new dogs, running around, chasing a ball, and having a good time makes Minooka Park a true treasure.

Whenever my mom asks if I want to go, I say yes because of the beautiful scenery and to my surprise it’s a very relaxing way to spend my day. There, I’m able to watch the dogs play, hear their feet scramble on the grass, and pet new dogs. At Minooka, I’m able to experience the beauty that nature has to give. It’s all what I love to do, and this is why I call Minooka Park a true treasure.