The Love I Recieve | Teen Ink

The Love I Recieve

You've made me feel, through your suspicions and distrust, that all that lies between us is a corroded bond turning to rust

And now again, though I'm desperate for its repair, you remind me why I've endured years of despair
You've chosen, over these years many, not to see... Not to see that it has been you scarring me
I don't know how to try this situation mend... I've tried talking, tried silence, even tried making my own life end...

I begged, begged for things to change... You've chosen to ignore my pleas and now I wish for us to be estranged
I want to leave and never return. I doubt our relationship will ever be anything but destructive for me... You are my life givers... Friends are something I doubt you'll ever be.

Though your chemicals are meant for my ailment to relieve... At this point, they're not working and all I want to do if leave...

Though I carry your name, your blood, your genes... Why would I want to continue taking what’s killing me...
Though these words, to hear, may be tough... I've realized now that I truly, truly have had enough.

To me it feels like all our constructive work is lost in a few short moments of pain... You have no idea what it felt like to bear this monster that every waking moment would claw at your brain

you haven't supported me... You lead me to believe I was merely seeking attention... But when I needed it most you provided me with no affection!

You beat me, tormented me, and made me feel like I was some useless idiot... And the worst of all, the absolute worst of all... You told me I deserved it!

This is about the way my dad and step parents treat me on a day to day basis