Something I Love | Teen Ink

Something I Love

March 25, 2015
By kaciwakeham SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
kaciwakeham SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Hi, my name is Paul


Books.  When I am feeling down and do not know what to do, I can always grab a book and just read for hours and hours.  I always loose myself in the book, like I am part of the book.  For any holiday, I ask for new books.  I sit on my window seat, curled up in a blanket.  Books never fail to distract me from reality.  You can experience different countries, people, time periods, pretty much anything your mind can thing of you can experience it.  Reading books, you can learn about the past or the future.  I always feel inspired to do something with my life after I finish a book, most of the time that inspiration just dies after awhile though.  Books always spark my imagination and give me freaky dreams.  Books teach me life lessons even when I am not looking to be taught.  Books are kind of like an older sibling; you learn from their mistakes, and get taught their ways of surviving different problems.  I read a lot of love storybooks, I know that most “love stories” like the ones in the books never really happen and it just gets my hopes way too high but I love reading them!  Men these days are not very romantic or maybe it is just because I have “high standards” because of what I read, I want boys to be just like the boys in the books.  My favorite authors are Cassandra Clare and Nicholas Sparks.  I have read The Mortal Instruments series about ten times now.  I have not read all of Nicholas Sparks’ books but I plan to read all of them in the future.  Hopefully I am not the only one that can lose myself in books.  People say that reading is boring; they must not have found the right book to read yet.