Trash game | Teen Ink

Trash game

March 25, 2015
By ogo99 SILVER, Holgate, Ohio
ogo99 SILVER, Holgate, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

It was an average day at home.  I was laying inside being lazy when I felt like the Earth was polluted way more than it should be.  I walked down our road to see how much trash was on the side of the road and there was a lot of trash on the side of the road.  I went home and grabbed a bag and some gloves so I didn’t cut myself, I brought my sister with me along the road and we both picked up trash.  We walked down the road picking up every single piece of trash we saw.  When ever we say some garbage we would yell out “litter!” and pick it up.  We filled up both of our grocery bags and we were surprised how much litter there was on the side of the road.  Walking down this road and seeing how much trash disappointed me.  After we walked down the road and picked up all the trash I felt very well on the inside.  Doing this made me realize how much people actually do litter and it is not okay with me at all.  I believe our world can be cleaner and it starts with all of us reading this right now.   If we can pick up the roadside once a week it will reduce the litter amount in our environment.  Go out and do it every week or at least every two weeks.  Do it with a friend and make it a game, whoever has more litter at the end wins, and keep the recyclable items and go up and sell them to make a couple bucks on the side.