Human Nature: Suffering | Teen Ink

Human Nature: Suffering

By BennyandLuke SILVER, Hartville, Ohio
BennyandLuke SILVER, Hartville, Ohio

If you can't stand the way this place is, take yourself to higher places.

One only ignores the world when one hates the world. One gets absorbed into music when one feels hurt. One only writes what they feel when they want to ignore it. It is in this very moment when I am sick and sitting in a smoke filled house, that I begin a little story that I've always wanted to start, but couldn't find the words. This place that I am in is my grandma's house. She is smokes inside the house because she is addicted to smoking ever since my grandpa died a little more than ten years ago. She lives with a cute little Snoodle named Penalope and my two adult cousins. We come here to visit her from time to time and hang out on holidays. She may not show it, but I believe my grandma is a very lonely person that handles it in a very bad way. Though, I guess that isn't the point. The point I am currently making is something that might seem minior to you, but is a huge problem for my family.
My grandma on my mom's side, who we are talking about, is dying from the smoke that is forming inside her household, and we can't do anything about it. No matter what we say, she smokes. She kills her lungs all because her husband died, and she can't handle it.

What I am trying to get across here is that sometimes the people we love are suffering, and nothing we say can save them. They are stuck in their own bad habits and addictions. It is so bad that they won't listen to themselves or others. The addiction takes over everything until it kills them. I am sorry for this sad truth, but in my own experience, humanity has been doomed to endure suffering of every nature. Some little, some large. It is from this suffering that we grow for it turns us into the people that we are.