Something I Love | Teen Ink

Something I Love

March 24, 2015
By LinseyC14 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
LinseyC14 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The one thing I love most in my life is my miniature dachshund puppy I received about three years ago. I still remember the day my parents picked her up. The day before my parents went to adopt her, my little brother and me had no idea we were getting a puppy the next day. My parents took us to our grandma’s house to stay there for a while when they claimed to be “going out.” At our grandma’s house it was like any other night we would stay there and after a few too many cookies, my brother and I fell asleep.


The next morning when my mom came to pick us up, we went to Bob Evans for breakfast and then back to our house. I was still really tired so I went back to bed for a few hours. My little brother came into my room, woke me up, and told me we had a new sister. I thought to myself that it wasn’t possible and told my little brother to go away and let me sleep.  After a few minutes my little brother came back into my room, woke me up again, and told me that my dad wanted to see me in their room right now.

 

I walked groggily into their room and asked my dad, “What?”


My dad told me the same thing my little brother told me earlier, “Linsey, you have a new sister.”
I walked over to their bed and sat down on my mom’s side and when I looked in the middle of the bed; there was a small, very cute, miniature dachshund puppy! My mom told me that they had named her Pepper. She was a Silver Dapple and the cutest thing ever! I’ve always wanted another dog ever since my greyhound, Roundy, had died some years ago. Getting a small dog was a new adjustment for my family because we’ve only ever had big dogs, preferably greyhound’s for my dad. The greyhound we had used to never need a leash and followed my dad around all the time when I was younger. Roundy was the best dog I ever knew then. When Roundy died, she died of a cancer in her leg since she used to be in greyhound races.


Now that I have Pepper, she is my favorite, the best dog a girl could have. She’s a mix of fun and playful, protective and barks a lot, but we all love her.