Do You Have Any Regrets? Not Even A Single Letter? | Teen Ink

Do You Have Any Regrets? Not Even A Single Letter?

March 26, 2015
By Anonymous

As young people, we are submitted into the world of adulthood rather fast. We are picked up by our parents, teachers, and even coaches and thrown into the world of choices, habits, and regrets...but what we don't know is that everyone has something to hide. Everyone has something that they wish they wouldn't have done. Whether it be throwing up on your crush after getting completely wasted at a party, or even something as simple as eating that last piece of chocolate cake that your diet has been restricting you from. I know that as a child, my parent preached to me that to do everything right is the way to go. Don't mess up, because you will regret it. Is regret such a horrible thing to have? Ask yourself that.

           

I'm in school, I play golf, and I have a part-time job. I am one of the busiest people I know! I do random things all the time, maybe even things that aren't the best for me such as drinking a Monster energy drink, or never checking my oil in my car. We have so much to worry about already, so why stress this whole "no regrets" thing? Regrets are what hold us together at our weakest. They remind us of the not so great choices that we made, and of the great people that we are. Regrets remind us of the freedom of choice that we have in a world as restricted as ours. Now let me ask you, do you have any ragrets? Not even just one letter? 


The author's comments:

For the people who have never seen We're the Millers, I suggest you go see it! I got a big laugh out of the part that I quoted. Even though spelling regrest with an "a" is one of the most uncomfortable things I've had to do, it still sends a great message.