My Body My Rules | Teen Ink

My Body My Rules

By AdeleandLoriforever SILVER, Brecksville, Ohio
AdeleandLoriforever SILVER, Brecksville, Ohio

The good thing about bad days is they only last 24 hours. <3

My body belongs to me.. I don’t have the perfect body type, i’m not the thinnest, I don’t look like the people in the magazines but then I realized that not even the people in the magazines look like the people in the magazine. You know the saying sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never harm me, its not true. I’m human and words hurt just as much as physical pain if not more. I know were only human and we make mistakes but that doesn’t make it hurt any less. It shouldn’t matter to me what others think but when you walk down the halls and you see people pointing and laughing it hurts. Do you really want to make others feel this way? Making fun of someone is very dangerous it can cause eating disorders and you never know what one mean word could cause someone to do. I believe people should be judged on their personality not their body. Why don’t I have the guts to speak up and say what about me or what about who she really is? I don’t understand why we are living in a world where it is ok to be put down about their bodies. You are all beautiful and that is all that matters. Not everyone is going to be able to see the beauty that you have on the inside and its so wrong. We are set up too feel bad about our bodies like in the song pretty hurts; it’s so sad. Why can’t people see me for me not for my body. Are people saying that I have to starve myself to be loved or have friends? Because if that’s the case screw popularity and let me be the overweight loner in the back of the room. I know I am beautiful on the inside and outside and that’s all that matters to me and that’s all that should matter to you.

Why can't we be accepted for our hearts?