Motorcycle Mechanic | Teen Ink

Motorcycle Mechanic

By Charlie Peters SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Charlie Peters SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

In 6th grade my dad and I went up to Northfield to go get a dirt bike.We went to go look at it and I fell in love. It was a little Honda xr80r.I rode that thing for hours and hours. It was my favorite thing to do. But after a while I got too big for it, so my dad and I talked and decided to get something bigger. So for Christmas my dad surprised me with a cr250r. That’s where my passion for motorcycles began. One of my life goals is to become a motorcycle mechanic. Now I will be talking about my past, present, and future of motorcycles.
             I grew up around motorcycles. I had a little one when I was a kid. I still am a kid but that doesn't really matter, it was a while ago but you get the point. The bike was a Honda xr80r.my dad also had a 2006 Suzuki boulevard for a while. I rode on it once with my dad to go out to a pizza place and it was really fun. Another time when I was a kid I went to my uncle’s cabin and rode a little red mini bike. That was another thing that made me love motorcycles. Now I have a Honda 250.
At the moment, I have two dirt bikes. I still have the little 2003 Honda xr80r that I had when I was a kid, and a 2002 Honda cr250r.Im selling them both for a crf250 which is a four stroke. I don’t like two strokes and that is what I have now because they are too loud and touchy. I love to ride in the woods. I have ten acres in my backyard that I ride on. I also have 3 friends that I ride with. Johann, Matthew Martin, and Bennett. I ride with Bennett the most because he lives like a quarter mile away. All of these things are the reason I want to go to college for motorcycle mechanics.
My future in motorcycles is a little bit foggy but I’ll try my best. In the future, I hope to go to a four year college for motorcycle mechanics. Motorcycles are my passion and I don’t really care about the money. I want to get a job in something I love to do not what I hate. I’m not concerned about money at the moment but that might change. I’m not really sure what it is about motorcycles that I love. I just love them.
         So basically what I want to do for the rest of my life is work on motorcycles. It all, started when I was a kid at my uncle's cabin and I got on a little red mini bike and just blew up from loving motorcycles and I want to be around them for the rest of my life. That is my life goal to become a motorcycle mechanic.