Decisions | Teen Ink

Decisions

By Andrew Brown BRONZE, Honoraville, Alabama
Andrew Brown BRONZE, Honoraville, Alabama

The best decision I've made in a long time was to break up with my girlfriend and get the girl I truly wanted to be with. I was tired of my girlfriend and I fussing and I heard stories of her cheating on me at Basic Training. I saw the girl I truly wanted wasn't getting treated right. I knew I could finally make my move. This recently happened, it was about five months ago and everything went down.

The girl I was dating was named Brianna, the girl I truly wanted was Sayge, she dated Dalton. I had recently got back from Basic and she was being really nice to me. She used to not really talk to me all the time and we would only talk every once in awhile. But she would talk to me every day now, she thought she was being slick when she tried to put her number in my phone saying she was trying to get some of the work from class, but I knew what she was doing. Sayge and I started texting a lot over the week and I thought I could finally get my chance.

I decided to let go of Brianna, we dated for a year and a half. I felt very mistreated in the relationship and betrayed with what she did to me after all I did for her. So a few days later the opportunity opened up, Sayge and Dalton broke up. I was the first person she told because we were texting while it happened. Even while we were In relationships with other people we both knew what we wanted. So three days after they broke up I came to her house and we started officially talking.

We had a bumpy start in the beginning. I didn't always know exactly what she wanted and she wasn't always sure how to handle my sarcasm or jokes. But we got better and more complacent with each other as time went on. Times we would ask each other if we did the right thing, but we decided we didn't care what people thought because we got what we wanted, which was each other.

Sayge and I have now been in a relationship since November 1st. Our relationship is almost perfect. I'm amazed that there's never a second of the day she isn't on my mind. I do everything I can to treat her right and make her feel like a queen everyday. I always tell her she's beautiful and that she's all mine, because she is and it's the truth. This is the best decision I've ever made. She has made a huge impact on my life. She pushes me to do my best and always has my back. Sayge is the reason my decision was a success, and I can't wait to spend forever with her.