The Angel That Could | Teen Ink

The Angel That Could

January 26, 2015
By AmeliaInk BRONZE, Clint, Texas
AmeliaInk BRONZE, Clint, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"They were wrong"


This story is about a young Japenese girl name " Akira" who had no one growing up except her cousin Shi. Towards the end of the story Shi is murdered. Feeling angry and broken Akria decides to avenge her cousin and murder those who killed her alpong with the bullies of the world till theres no more.

Chapter 1: Akira


“Her thoughts bob under the surface, her lost dreams circling around her in clouds. Every fake smile, fake laugh, fake happiness, only feed the emptiness inside she’s lost the ability to cry. Surrendered to the numbness, so she no longer has to feel. The thick, black cloud overcomes her. Smothering her till she suffocates she gasps, while inside her. Everything is torn apart, her heart ripped to shreds, and repeatedly stabbed, with a rusty dagger. The darkness it has consumed her and that is how the Dark Angel was born.”
“hmm, and to which she...”
“Akira! It’s time for school”
(Akira grabs her black note book and ends out the door)
Akira is a fifteen year old Japanese girl who lives with her cousin Shi. They both go to the same school but Shi is two years older. At the age of three Akira was abandoned by both her mother and father. Shi and her family then took Akira in due to a terrible storm Shi lost both her parents and her unborn brother. Both having such losses Shi and Akira vowed to take care of one another for the rest of their lives.
(Both Akira and Shi walk into school)
“Okay, well this is me. I’ll see you after class okay Akira?”
“Umm sure, see you later”
Shi walks away and into her class leaving Akira walking alone yet again. Akira starts walking to class when suddenly she gets pushed onto the ground dropping all her papers and her notebook. She looks up to see its Kuroi and Yami, the Shimizu twins. As they walk away laughing, Akira sits on the floor, and whispers to herself “one day I’ll be the one throwing you on the floor! You’ll see“…

Chapter 2: Goodbye

“Akira! Your late!”
“But i..”
“I don’t want to hear it! , now sit down”
“Okay class, as I was saying Friday we will be visited by the Hokage”
The class starts to enraged with full excitement. As one kid yells out
“I’m going to be the next Hokage!”
Another voice
“ No, I am!”
“It doesn’t matter who becomes the next Hokage, we all know who wont! “
The whole class turns around towards the back of the room staring at Akira and laughing
“But what i..”
“What if you what?!”
“ You don’t stand a chance!”
“You’ll never be Hokage”
The class starts to laugh, leaving Akira out of the group yet again
The bell rings, class dismissed. While walking out of class Akira hears a voice its Shi.
“Hey Akira, wanna go down to the lake and throw rocks at it?”
“Um.. no ..i think im just going to head home and write in my book”
“All you do is write in that book of yours! Come on it’ll be fun!”
“No, really I’m okay”
“Hmm. Suit yourself it wont be as much fun without you, I’ll be home before dinner time okay?”
“Okay, bye”
“Bye”
Akira gets home and starts writing in her book. Its past dinner time and Shi still isn’t home. Akira starts to wonder where she is. The phone rings. Akira is  crying hysterically and runs out the door. A few minutes later Akira is at the hospital in the waiting room. She waits to be called. A few moments later she runs into a room to find Shi there all bruised up and blood everywhere. She had been beaten and had rocks thrown at her.
“Shi!!.. What , what happened!?”
“Akira, I don’t have much time.”
“Who did this to you?!”
“I love you Akira..it’s time for me to go now”
“What, no! Don’t you leave me! We.. we made a promise remember? Don’t break that promise! Please.. please stay with me”
“Akira, I .. I see the light”
Shi closes her eyes and dies peacefully. Leaving Akira in shock, tears falling down her cheeks, holding Shi’s hand.

“Goodbye Shi.. I, I love you”

Chapter 3: Trouble

A few days later it’s Shi’s funeral. No one is there but Akira. As the ceremony ends Akira leaves a sunflower on her casket, tears falling down her eyes.  She walks away and comes to over here a conversation between Kuroi and Yami the Shimizu twins.
“Dude you think we’ll get in trouble?”
“Na, who’s gonna tell? It’s not like anyone saw us, and anyways that chick got what she deserved she shouldn’t be throwing rocks at my lake!”
Akira gasp, falling on the floor. She whispers to herself “ throwing rocks at the lake”. Shi! They killed Shi! Akira is in shock not knowing what to say or do.  She gets up off the ground, ready to give them her rage when she realizes that they have already left. Akira runs home enraged with the situation. She throws her book on the ground yelling and screaming.
“This is all your fault! I was so concern about finishing this stupid poem I lost the only thing I had in the cruel world! I should have gone with her! Protected her , something!”
Akira then stares at herself in the mirror, disgusted by what she’s looking at. Hating herself for all that she is and then right when she’s about to punch it something speaks.
“What could you have done?  You’re as weak as she was, if you would have gone both of you would have been dead, there was nothing you could’ve done.”
Akira starts to cry and begins to talk to that inner voice.
“I might as well be dead, without her I’m nothing”
“Even when she was around you were nothing, you were invisible to everyone including Shi”
“That’s not true! Don’t you say that! Shi protected me, she was the only one you gave a damn about me! And how do I repay her.. by letting her die..”
“You can always take revenge “
“Revenge? What.. what kind of revenge ?”
“Kill them”
“Me? .. Kill? I .. I cant ..”
“Yes you can aren’t you tired of never getting a say in anything never having a voice, always being shut down? , they took the only thing you had in life.”
“Your… your right , but how can someone like me kill anyone?”
“All that anger, all that pain , you wanna be heard? Let me tell you something actions speak louder than words.”
Akira stares at herself and starts to think. She turns around and grabs her book off the floor she sits by her desktop and begins to draw. Hours pass by, Akira is done with her drawing leaving a smirk on her face. She holds up her book up happy with her work and begins to speak.
“Perfect, all I need now is to get a few materials.”
Akira has now become dark angel and seeks revenge on Yami and Kuroi.
“Ready or not here I come..”
Its midnight Dark Angel watches the streets to find Kuroi and Yami walking down the street. They walk into Jukia( a grocery store). Dark Angel watches they slowly waiting like a predator watches its prey. She has so much hate and fire in her eyes. Kuroi and Yami walk out the store and into the alley that leads to their house. Akira waits till the get to the middle of the alley and then ..she acts.

Dark Angels heart begins to beat fast, no care in her body she stabs Yami repeatedly without any hesitation. There is death in her eyes.

Kuroi and Yami are dead. Leaving Dark Angel wipping off all the blood off her cheek. She flees the scene and head back home. Dark Angel is left with a weird feeling something shes never felt before.
“I .. I cant believe what I just did… I .. killed two people..and ..and it felt good, for so long I was they’re puppet now..now im free, I’m free from they’re hell. And it feels so damn good!”:
 

Chapter 4: This is it

Dark Angel gets her black book and starts writing down all her bullies to take revenge on what they had done to her. Years have gone by and Dark Angel is now a hero to all those who have been bullied leaving all the dead body’s in a lake where her cousin was beaten , to prove that there is no more hatred no more pain. Until one day Dark Angel started to become unhappy with herself. She had killed so many horrible people but yet she still wasn’t happy. Why? Dark Angel started to go insane just thinking about it.  Was the guilt of killing all those people finally getting to her? Was she becoming her own enemy? She couldnt take it anymore.Sleep was no longer her friend, she stopped eating and became dpressed Dark Angel was no longer Dark Angel. One night she caught herself crying out of no one. Each tear hit the ground like bullets. She took that rusty dagger and held it up against her chest sobbing as if she couldn’t control it.
“I cant do this anymore, Shi.. I.. I see you”
Crying her eyes out. She lifted the dagger and was finally reuinted with Shi in heaven.


The author's comments:

Growing up I was always bullied because studdered alot. I always felt like I wasen't good enough. Not even for my family. Instead of having friends I had my book where I could write anything and escape.