Be You and Only You! | Teen Ink

Be You and Only You!

By Musicisthesoul SILVER, Hemet, California
Musicisthesoul SILVER, Hemet, California

"Greater is he that is within me,then he who is in the world"

Shyness,awkwardness,maybe a little weirdness? Not to talkative, these are all trates that make you,YOU. We all have that point of time in life where you feel that either you don't fit in,are to shy,or awkward. When you want to make a new friend it may be an extreme challenge for you,talking isn't your thing.For homework presenting  in front of the entire class may be difficult all the pressure and you might get awkward. Even just a simple conversation with a friend talking about your crush makes you overly shy. We might see all these differences between friends and others and think to our selves it's a flaws,but really what it is,the natural reaction to eny of these situations or any other one that you end up acting in a" weird"way its not, it's perfectly normal.

In my experiences I have always find making friends was realatively simple,but for most of my friends it was a challenge the thought of having to go up and talk first terrified them. They usually said they would end up acting weird! Every single time they would try they ened up getting red and extremely awkward they felt, but in reality it was funny,not in a bad way, at the end they became friends because they thought she was so funny and really cool. Yea it was hard but they were glad to had done it.

When I met my friend Jen she was really shy,not to talkative. I started talking to her I was very weird I did not know her one bit and here I am talking to her and acting awfully weird! It took a while but she opened up now were the best of friends. She tells me now when we first met she thought I was so shy and a bit weird but in a good way. I'm glad I did it, I was just my self weird,crazy me and I ended up with a friend that can not be replaced.

What ever you do be yourself!making a friend,presenting a project,or just talking! It's the best and only way to go.Nuts,crazy,loud,talkative,or not talkative or maybe the exact oopisite shy,awkward and just weird! It's NORMAL  because that's you!!! If you were "Normal" then EVERYONE would be the exact same. Same personality,same attitude,and same view on everything! That world would be a truly boring environment. So don't think of your flaws as flaws think of them as what they are one of a kind cuse there is no exact copy of you some where in the world it's you and only you! It really is true the saying "BE YOU CUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY TAKEN!"

Just a reminder that you are a one of a kind!i know along with my friends how hard it can be yourself at times but it's the best way to go!????