Well ... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Umm ... okay ... well ... here it goes. I saw him today. He looked so wonderful with his Cubs baseball cap, jeans, and school shirt. Other people were sitting on the couches and pillows surrounding us, so we just talked. He stared at me and I couldn’t help but stare back. I had no doubt in my mind that I liked him more than “just a friend,” but I had no idea what he was thinking. What if he didn’t feel the same way? Well there was only one way to find out. I thought I should take him aside and just tell him how I felt. But before I could gather up the courage, he asked me if I would walk around the building. That’s exactly what I wanted. So, I thought I would tell him, but I was too scared. We walked looking at the pictures of the field trips. He was always touching my sneaker with his just trying to get close to me. As we walked he told me exactly what I had wanted to hear: “I like you, you know, as more than a friend.” He was shaking as he said it. That was cute - this was the moment I had wanted, yet I didn’t know what to say. He went back to looking at the pictures. “I really like you too.” My voice had a little quiver. Even though he was facing the picture, I knew he had the biggest smile on his face. I bet the astronauts would have been able to see it. We walked into a large, quiet room behind the wall where no one could see us. I leaned against the wall and held his hands. He was still trembling, so I made the first move. As he got closer, I realized I was scared, too, but there was no backing out. I leaned closer and he leaned closer. And then ... well ... we kissed.

BieberLover16 said...
I liked how you said "I knew he had the biggest smile on his face. I bet the astronauts would have been able to see it." But other wise very well writen! :D

following-bliss said...
Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:51 am

oh wow, this was written 5 years ago. thanks so much everyone! This really means a lot to me! 

moonpetal said...
Awwwww. That was sweet. I liked how you started it. Well.... Hah Thats how I start when I start saying things that r importint to me and I am nervouse about. I like it.

TianaFairy said...
You were really brave sometime people can misinterpet body language.. It turned out well. Really sweet!!!

Summer said...
awh, that's really adorable. :D

kate said...
i love this article. its so sweet!!