My Guardian Angel | Teen Ink

My Guardian Angel

January 2, 2015
By LynchMob BRONZE, West Newton, Pennsylvania
LynchMob BRONZE, West Newton, Pennsylvania
2 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
-Unicorns make plains fly ~My math teacher
-You had me at I like seals ~Jinx by Meg Cabot
-You had me at I've never been to long Island ~Jinx by Meg Cabot


the floor outside my bed room door creeked. My only source of light was coming from the hallway and my night light behind my small dresser. A shadow of feet ease by without hesitation, and the crickets chirped.
"Mom?"
"Yes, Baby? What are you doing up so late?"
"Nothing. Just, making sure. I love you."
We talked through the door nightly. If there's a response its her, if not then my biggest fear came true. Mom says they're just nightmares, but I know otherwise. I fear the tall man with no face. He is taller then my room but he manages to fit perfectly every night in my dreams. His long black hooded robe made him almost invisible around this time. He was coming for me, but I'm not ready to go. I don't know where he'd take me, each night the place changed. Last night he took me to see my great uncle and a family friend. I was so happy to see them I cried. To be able to feel their embrace again, it was wonderful. But then then earth shook and I begun to fall into a dungeon of sort. I was trapped, watching my loved ones suffer. The tall man bellows a laugh and I wake up screaming. Will there be a night I don't wake up?
Hours pass and I lay awake observing at the blank ceiling. The floor creeked once more, and the foot steps neared. The door slowly opened letting a flood of light in. There stood the family friend smiling and waving.
"I miss you too, Justin." I say smiling at him as he fades into the dark, "I love you, thank you for watching over me." 


The author's comments:

I drempt this whole thing about my great uncle and my friend Justin. R.I.P.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no body wants to die"