Communities | Teen Ink

Communities

By Aaronruss BRONZE, Marengo, Iowa
Aaronruss BRONZE, Marengo, Iowa

What is a community? Most people believe a community is the town, or area they live it. Yes they are right, but it can be a lot more. Communities are a group of people that are joined together for cause. A community could be a sports team, a school group or a rock band. Lets talk about how a sports teams are my community.
Football is one of my communities. It doesn't just contain the players. It also has coaches and the crowd. Without supporters football wouldn't exist, and without coaches the players wouldn't know what to do.

A football team has different types of people to make up a community. The chief would be a coach. Coaches, like the chief, are in charge and take leadership of the team. They tell everyone what to do and how to do it, kinda like a boss. The switchboard operator would also be the coaches. They have to keep track of all the players make sure they have good grades and don't get into legal trouble. The fortress would be the players, because they don't let people get in their way of success. The hospitable would be the coach because he takes care of his players and makes sure they don't get hurt.

A football team always has their rituals. Like running through the tunnel at home games, or having a special breakdown. It helps them get in the mood to play and kick some butt. The affectionate would be the coaches for the same reason as the hospitable. The coaches give everyone their sense of place by playing them or involving them in drills.

Basketball is another sport I play that I consider a community. Like football the coach would be the chief and the switchboard operators. Just like in football they are in charge and control what everyone does. The chief will do anything to make sure the players succeed.

The fortress is the players because they don't let people get in their way. Hospitable would be the coach because he cares for his players and checks their injuries and health.

Football and basketball are plenty alike and both are great examples of community's I am a part of. They both have the parts to make up a community and everyone respects them.

Communities do not have to be a town or the area you live in. This paper shows how there is much more to a community then a town. A community needs people and the certain parts to make it up. A community could be a sports team, a school group or a rock band.