Modern Love Story (It's a Tragedy) | Teen Ink

Modern Love Story (It's a Tragedy)

By Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona
Karla15 GOLD, -, Arizona

As the tide washed in the Dutch tulip man faced the ocean, "Conjoiner rejoinder poisoner concealer revelator, look at it: rising up and rising down, taking everything with it."
"What's that?" Anna asked.
"Water," said the Dutchman, "Well, and time."

Did I ever tell you that your lips burned of lust and it would run its course through my body and that I would understand you but when daylight hit I knew things were different cause your fire was burnt out and so was my desire and we would both regret touching each other and kissing each other and saying too many words to each other but whenever we’re lonely it happens again and I hate it and I know you hate me because you never look at me in the sunlight but I don’t mind because I hate you and your filthy hands that never had a knack for anything but burning things down and letting them crumble and I bet you think that’s what you did to me but it isn’t because I never got attached to you or your grin that makes me feel dirty, God why can’t we stop this?

I don’t love you at all and you don’t think of me at all but we kinda just fit and I know this is sad but I think we’re stuck like this, never finding anyone else and only having each other for a little romance and a cigarette to smoke at dusk. I don’t want you to fall in love; I know that’s selfish but what would I do? I guess I’d find another you, which isn’t hard but we kinda have a routine and I hate it and I don’t wanna start something new and fall in love because that would break my heart. God, I’m gonna die alone, I know it. But, for now I have your lustful hands and you have my swollen lips to kiss and make yours and maybe when this is all over we can have a long smoke in silence and know this never meant a thing.

This isn't something that happened to me but I know it's a nonfiction piece for someone out there.