Miracle Worker | Teen Ink

Miracle Worker

December 15, 2014
By ethan shan BRONZE, Olney, Illinois
ethan shan BRONZE, Olney, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What fear have you overcome lately? A quote from Helen Keller has helped me overcome my fear of spiders. The quote is “Keep your face in the sunshine and you can not see the shadow”. Spiders can be very creepy, and scary looking. They can also be very dangerous. Overcoming my fear of spiders is one of my biggest accomplishments.
     Initially, I was creeped out about what they look like. Spiders creepy and scary in many ways . They have eight legs, and also they can jump small distances.  Another way that I am creeped out about them is that their webs are very sticky and hard to get off when you walk into one. 
     Then, I thought it was scary that spiders can be very dangerous. Some spiders can be very poisonous. There is a lot of poisonous spiders around the world. One time I was bitten and did not even know there was a spider around.
     After that, how I overcame my fear of spiders. I learned more about spiders that are in Olney, IL. I learned that there are not any dangerous spiders where I live. I overcame my fear by knowing that there are not any dangerous around here.
     Finally, how I have overcome my fear of spiders. I used the internet to learn more about spider in Olney, IL.  I learned that there are not any dangerous spiders in Olney, IL and that’s how I overcame my fear by knowing that there is not any dangerous spiders.