Starting High School | Teen Ink

Starting High School

December 15, 2014
By itbeme BRONZE, Skullton, Illinois
itbeme BRONZE, Skullton, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations." Everyone can relate to this quote in some way because everyone at some point had something in their life that was hard for them to do. For me, that hardship was starting high school. The journey was long and harsh. Definitely not what I’d call the best time of my life.
To start, my first day was chaos. All throughout summer, upperclassmen, who happened to be guys, had been messing with me. They were making me extra nervous to be starting school. Also, me being me I’m very reserved so I hardly knew anyone. Not to mention I had absolutely no idea where I was going.
Later on, as the months passed, things started to work in my favor. Though I was still kind of standoffish, I had opened up to a few new people. My knowledge of where things are in the school was also improving. I had even learned of a few shortcuts to get my classes more quickly.
At last, almost an entire semester into my freshman year and I’ve come a long way. I now have a generous amount of new friends and I look forward to making more. Forget I ever had issues with my schedule because now I even know where my classes for next semester are! What surprises me the most is that even my shyness is seeming to fade.
All in all, starting high school was quite difficult at first, but with time and support, anyone (including me) can make it through. Don’t expect it to be easy at first, but in time I can assure you that things will work in your favor. All you have to do is just remember that it always gets better.