Body against brains | Teen Ink

Body against brains

The way the brain works is obviously very complicated and involves a lot of energy and work. Especially, when its talent creates such unexplained thought patterns and images. For an example, when we sleep at night don’t we usually have dreams? Those dreams are most likely just images and thoughts that traveled in and out of your brain throughout the day.  We never chose these specific clips or anything. In fact, the brain alters those images sometimes and creates a whole new experience. I picture dreams as being on a roller coaster because there are always sharp curves, alley oops, and always going at a velocity so fast you don’t realize what’s happening until the ride is over. What really makes me wonder is that why do we have nightmares? What do we do to make our brains do this to us? These terrifying dreams are created because, whether it’s shown or not, you may be suffering from fear, anxiety or stress. Even some medications can provide such side effects that you could have horrific nightmares. Sometimes a dream could be so bad that, from fear, the human body is shocked into waking up.  On the other hand, our dreams can do wonders by putting together a collage of clips and images to create something beautiful. Have you ever waken up when you were having the best dream and you tried your hardest to fall back asleep and have the same dream again? Yes, this is all the brain’s manipulative work and this is one of the most complex forms of it.