A Man's Best Friend | Teen Ink

A Man's Best Friend

December 14, 2014
By tshowland5 BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan
tshowland5 BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Miley is the greatest dog anyone could ever ask for. That does’t change the fact that she is a dorky dog though. She hates the water, the cold and even the hot. She's just a diva dog.

Miley is a Rhodesian ridgeback. Rhodesia was a country in Africa, so naturally she hates the cold. She will try to avoid going outside at all costs. One way we have found to get her to lie down is to say “do you want to go outside?” and walk towards the door. That’s how much she hates the cold. The only time she will go outside is to go to the bathroom. Even then, she will wait until the last possible moment and she will want back in within 30 seconds.

Most dogs love water. Miley absolutely hates water. Miley hates water as much as a cat hates water. Baths for her are few and far between. We have almost given the cat more baths than we have given Miley. No matter how warm the water is she still cowards in the corner when she gets a bath. The most recent time was with warm water and she was shaking more than a leaf in the wind. Miley won’t set her feet in water unless the earth floods again.

Miley is a very dorky dog. She is a diva. She hates the cold, she hates getting her hair wet and she hates hot weather. Basically she has a very narrow temperature range. She also is dorky because she likes to chew on  this chubby penguin stuffed animal. That’s not what is dorky. What is dorky is that she likes to fall asleep with it while she is chewing it. The last reason she is dork, when she gets excited her whole body shakes with it.

Dogs are a man’s best friend. Miley hates cold and water. She is just a dorky weird dog. She still is the cutest dog a person could ever ask for. She's just a weird dog that everyone loves who shakes her whole body with excitement. Literally her whole body.


The author's comments:

I was just looking at my dog and decieded to write about her.