Beach Trip | Teen Ink

Beach Trip

November 21, 2014
By AlexGookin BRONZE, Joneboro, Arkansas
AlexGookin BRONZE, Joneboro, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I woke up bright and early after only a few hours of sleep. It wasn’t an issue though, I was just excited to finally be leaving for this trip we had planned for the past year! I rushed to get dressed and woke my parents up so they could hurry up and drop me off so i could get on the road. I threw my bag in the back of the car and we finally left my house. We then drove to my friend Ben’s house and my parents left, I was the first one there so me and Ben sat outside with our stuff in the car already, just waiting for the other guys to get there. As the cool morning air blew past us, we heard the sound of our friend Zac’s mother pulling into the driveway who was trailled closely by Jesse’s dad. After we loaded Zac and Jesse up we all began waiting again. Just one other guy and we’d be ready to go! Even though it was another 10 or 15 minutes before Kenton showed up late as usual, but we didn’t really care cause it meant we could leave town! We loaded up in 2 different cars driven by Zac’s mom and Ben’s mom. Then we were off, only about 8-9 hours of driving ahead of us! Just 5 guys with 2 mom’s, and a ton of luggage. Within an hour of the trip everyone was pretty much asleep except me and ben’s mom which led to a couple hours of awkward conversation between us… Before I knew it though we had reached our mid way point and we stopped to eat and stretch our legs. before we left again though all of us guys piled into one car and Ben drove from there on out with the parents in the other car. Just about 4 more hours of driving left and the nauseous smell of 5 guys who just ate some fast food filled the air. After what seemed like a day’s worth of travelling we began to see white sand, loads of traffic, and road signs which all meant one thing. We had arrived! We still had to drive about 30 minutes though and I rolled down my window and felt the warm air and smelt the salty air of the Alabama beaches. That only lasted for a few minutes though as I was quickly hassled into rolling the window up. At about that time though we rolled into our condo and at once we all became filled with excitement, and the only thing we could think about what we should do first! 


The author's comments:

This piece was written about me and a group of guys going to on a vacation together one summer.