Love Your Life Like The Family You Wish You Had | Teen Ink

Love Your Life Like The Family You Wish You Had

November 12, 2014
By Jonah Halbert GOLD, Booneville, Mississippi
Jonah Halbert GOLD, Booneville, Mississippi
10 articles 0 photos 19 comments

I have plenty of experience with LIFE. I lived in a children's home with my twin sister from until we were 18 months old , and though my sister is still there, I am not. I left at age 13; and I am now 14. My biological mom is a struggling drug addict, and has been since my life had begun. I am not saying I think I caused her to be a drug addict- instead  I am letting the world know that I have forgiveness for my mom. I have seen her a few times in my lifetime, but it is best that I do not see her anymore. She has been into several drug rehabilitation programs, but still fails to turn her life around. 

 So- why do I go on about this? Well, it is because I want to share my story as I hope to help people see the better side of things in life. See, I hve not always understood what my life has been like: you know, all the differences I have compared to normal, everyday teenagers. But waht I now recognize is that my life means alot, because nobody is the same in this world, and nobody is perfect. I have discovered why nobody is perfect: It is because we all have family issues, we all have some sort of dislike of ourselves, and that we all must serve a higher power in life. my higher power is GOD. I have been blessed with so many things in so many ways that I didn't recognize until I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

     Let me tell you something: If I can find peace in my life, then so can you. If you wish to talk to me about anything- I will listen, and I will definitley not judge. I love all of you, no matter what the cost After all, we are all falling short of society's standards...


The author's comments:

Read this if you want to realize the power of hope and love in your life