NARRATIVE FREEWRITE | Teen Ink

NARRATIVE FREEWRITE

November 1, 2014
By chat50 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
chat50 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a bright sunny day in Pioneer Elementry School.I was in third grade.I finished a language test that was required for people who werent white.Another boy also finished the test,his name is Kevon(kay-von).I was just peacefully walking.I was in the classroom at the door when all of the sudden the first joint of my finger got stuck in the door by Kevon because,HE shut the door.I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean it but he shut the door,hard.Being the stupid kid I was I pulled it out instead of opening the door,and the result was-SPLAT.The door,my hands,my clothes,and the carpet were now drenched in blood.I looked at my finger.it was a fountain of blood,literaly.My fat third grade teacher just sat at her desk,paralized because of the shock(and I think she farted)but thats not important.A girl got my dead chopped off finger and and put it in a cup.Her name was Savanna.She and my best friend(at the time),William,helped me to the office.The office lady was calm,but I was not.I finally reached the nurses office which was a few steps away but it felt like forever.I was getting more and more freaked out as each second passed.Then the fire-fighters came and they put this thing on what was left of my finger that checks your pulse.Meanwhile,I felt the pain growing and growing.Finally,the ambulance and my mother came.They told me to choose between going to the hospital with my mother or I could’ve gone with them.Obviously I chose my mother.When I arrived at the hospital literaly 5 doctors had to hold me down just to put that 3 inch needle into the tip of my torn up finger.The day was over and the after math was horrid.I couldnt write for three weeks and my third grade teacher told me that I should write with my left hand.She still gave me zeros.It was worth it though cause I was popular afterwards.Everyone asked me the same question,”Did it hurt?”