My Mind or My Heart | Teen Ink

My Mind or My Heart

October 7, 2014
By Nyson PLATINUM, Orlando, Florida
Nyson PLATINUM, Orlando, Florida
33 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy" -Norman Vincent Peale


Lately it seems like all I can hear in my mind is a breaking, though I can never see anything giving me two options. Either my mind or my heart is shattering and I fear losing either of them, though it seems inevitable. Everyday lately I battle my mind and my heart at the same time and try to keep the two from breaking more than they already are. My mind keeps pushing impulses on me and I try my hardest to stomp it down and end up freezing myself. Of course my heart keeps trying to grow free from the chains I have bound it into, and I just can't let it...my emotion is a dangerous thing, it's why I have to appear so cold to the world cause I fall prey to becoming overemotional and further losing my sanity. So begins the struggle of my soul I am thrown into for I become either an animal, or a mess of tears and open wounds. The war of spirit, is most detrimental to the body, and I'm not sure I'll be able to last the invasion.


The author's comments:

This is my truth, my personality, I feel like this is what I suffer from everyday.