I Miss Her | Teen Ink

I Miss Her

By HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania

"You are not popular by the number of friends you have but, by the number of true friends you have." --Me

13 years ago my aunt died of cancer… I was 1… She was young… Her name was Terri, I know her as aunt Terri. My mom’s sister, and the aunt I know nothing about. I hear stories, but still don’t know quite who she was. Do you have that one thing you could never live without? Well I have a teddy bear, that my aunt gave to my sister that was later passed to me. I sleep with it every night, talk to it about my dad, I can tell it things I would never tell anyone, I act as if my teddy bear is my aunt. It takes some of the place where my aunt should be in my life, but no one or any one will ever take her place. She is truly the aunt I never had. I really don’t know much about her, but I do know that she means the world to me.I have no clue what I would do if she was to show up tomorrow, there would be so much to tell her, and show her. I know that she is watching over me, and misses me as much as I miss her.