The Biggest Lie | Teen Ink

The Biggest Lie

By Cassi Coleman BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado
Cassi Coleman BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado

I'm really starting to like you, Cass. I think you are so beautiful and amazing and I hate going to bed because that means I'm spending what seems like eternity not hearing your voice. Talk to me till I fall asleep, my lullaby.

I want to be with you to tell you simply, "all I want is you." That we will be together soon. And that you are mine and I am yours and that nothing else in this world matters. It's just complicated right now, you know that. 

I want to look up at the stars and call your name and know that you are listening. Cause I lifted you up and put you in the sky. I like watching you run with the stars. I look up to the night sky and point to you; the brightest, most beautiful star that outshines the rest.

I promised you anything you wanted. You asked for a star. So I promised you a star. You asked for my love. So I promised you a key. A key to keep your heart safe, and away from mine.

Mine was never capable of loving. Anything.

I told you to never leave me. I told you that I needed you for everything. I told you to not worry, that you have my heart. That was the biggest lie.