Meant For Something Greater | Teen Ink

Meant For Something Greater

September 16, 2014
By ctrinh BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
ctrinh BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As a child growing up, you try and find the greatness in life. The very things worth living for. But what if something prevents you to find this very greatness? Then what?

I’ll lay it out. My life was not the life that I’ve seen so many times for people in movie after movie. It wasn’t all, “sunshines and rainbows,” not for me anyways. It started early in my childhood. The feeling of loneliness. I was the victim of bullying. I was different from all of them, and so they chose to expose my differences and make me feel horrible for being who I was. As I grew older, the bullies just kept at it. Whoever said, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me,” is wrong. I never left this road of self doubt and depression. I continued on it until someone who I was lucky enough to find, knocked me off of it. They showed me that I was not meant for this dark road I was traveling on. I was meant for something greater. I found the things worth living for. I found the greatness that I should've found a long time ago if it weren’t for the obstacles I had to faced.

So I asked before, what happens when you are prevented to find the greatness in life? Well if you’re one of the rare few, and you are strong enough to push through, and eventually find it, then that is how you can find it. But if you just keep trying to push through and it seems the road never ends, hopefully someone will be able to pull you through like I had happen to me.