Friends | Teen Ink

Friends

By pibex PLATINUM, Columbus, Ohio
pibex PLATINUM, Columbus, Ohio

When you fall down a bottomless pit you die of starvation.

I don’t care if you talk behind my back. It’s not like I’m defending myself, it’s just that I want you to know that I get it. Sometimes you just need to say that what someone did was annoying, or that you don’t like their laugh, or that they seem like they’re in a bad mood. So, I don’t care if you talk behind my back. Unless I hear. Then it affects me, and it hurts. It hurts in the worst place. It hurts worse than anything I know. It hurts, and makes me not want to go on. It hurts that much. I don’t want to hurt you, but I want to tell you how I feel. I’m not stupid, even if you say it. I’m not stupid, even if I think it. But what you did to me, I might not forgive easily, because forgiveness is a fickle thing that slips out of your grasp the moment you rely on it most. It forgets you and moves on until you realize it’s gone and it pretends to be with you the whole time. So I might not forgive you now, but it hurts me to not talk to you; to not forgive you. It hurts me where it hurts most. Where it’s hardest to heal. So next time, don’t let me hear. If you need to say it, say it to someone who won’t repeat it to me. Say it to someone who will forget about it but listen while you rant. Just don’t let me hear, because that’s when it hurts most. It hurts most when it’s you. Because I care about you. It’s harder to go on when your friends hurt you than when your enemies hurt you, because I can forgive my enemies. I can give my enemies a second chance. But friends are true. Friends don’t lie. Friends don’t need forgiveness, because they won’t ever hurt you. That’s how it should be.

Friends are harder to forgive than enemies, and easier to hurt.

pibex PLATINUM said...
pibex PLATINUM, Columbus, Ohio

Thank you! Aparently (As I just read 'Why..."), I wrote it in a similar mood. :D

pibex PLATINUM said...
pibex PLATINUM, Columbus, Ohio

Aw, thanks! ^_^

dgeileen PLATINUM, Livingston, New Jersey

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde

Great job! it's so true sometimes friends can hurt us more than our enemies :(

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is ver well-written. I love it. You put yourself into it, when you wrote. Thank you for sharing this! You have such a talent and greatness. Thank you again!