Up and Down | Teen Ink

Up and Down

By RachelReads SILVER, Milton, Other
RachelReads SILVER, Milton, Other

All our dreams can come true, as long as we have the courage to pursue them.

I sat in the bright orange seat and strapped myself in securely. My feet dangled in the air. The buckle locked and there was no way I could back out. Panicking, I started to cry. I had no idea what was ahead of me.

"Don't worry you'll have fun." My best friend said.

Behind me, I could hear a child laughing at me, probably because I was a teenager crying on a roller coaster. But, I had never been on a roller coaster before and it was rather stupid that I chose to go on one of the biggest rides in the park first.

They started the countdown and finally, we were on our way up to the top.

The ride to the top seemed to take forever. I kicked my legs as if it would make me feel better. At least we didn't choose to sit in the front, the middle felt the safest. Below me I saw a man made pond and thought, "at least if I fall off this ride, there's a possibility I'll live." A shudder creeped down my back.

An eternity later, I saw the car in front of us curve down and I let out a terrified scream. I couldn't breathe. I had butterflies in my stomach and held onto my seat with a strong, forceful grip. I looked to my left and saw my friends laughing at me with their hands in the air.

Midway through the ride, the butterflies in the pit of my stomach went away and I could finally breathe. I began to laugh and flung my hands above my head in glee. I couldn't wait to get off the ride, only to ask my friends if we could go on the roller coaster again.