New Life, New Home | Teen Ink

New Life, New Home

By JazzyBurner SILVER, ChiangMai, Other
JazzyBurner SILVER, ChiangMai, Other

Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

What do you think of leaving your parents? Weeping and crying was all that mattered. My dad was brave enough not to cry and my mom was making excuses why she was crying but I knew she was crying because I was moving to a dorm and to a new school that I tried out for three days. As I hugged both of my parents, I felt like ding and moving to a whole new life. Leaving someone who you have lived with for nine years is just sad. I had to say good-bye to them for they were going to a separate path than I was. I felt really scared because all the movies that I have watched that involved dormitories have been strict ones so I was afraid that I wouldn’t have my own freedom in this dorm but I was wrong. An Australian couple, Paula and Chris Blanc were my new parents in my new life and I was surprised how happy everyone is in this dorm but after two years, their family left with their children, Mateo and Steffano since something happened to them.

As time passed, it became Darren and Tina Cataps as my new dorm parents and at that time, I knew everyone well, even the dorm assistants. Let’s start of from oldest to youngest. Fiona Cataps is very talented in singing and she is a major artist. She’s so weird and cool that you should go count how many piercings she has in her body. Sonny Cataps, the brother of Fiona, artistic in cartoons and loves to read cartoons. He stays on his computer to entertain himself. Portia Adams, an Indian artist who is gorgeous in her own way is very talented in piano guitar, drums and art. Matts Caveman, a Dutch dorm brother that was quiet and loved to read books. If he didn’t find a book to read he would either play chess or do something else and he would always wear green as his school uiniform. Danelie Adams, a very sporty woman who plays a lot of instruments like piano, guitar, violin and who knows what else she would play? She is also an artist like all of her sisters. If she’s in a mood, I would die from laughing too much because she is one funny cute girl. Shani Adams, she was just like all her sisters, an artist of color. If you see her room, you can tell what her favorite color is right away. You wouldn’t even have to hesitate to know. She used to play the piano but she quit so now I’m playing the guitar with her. Sometimes I would let her pick my clothes so I can get into fashion too. If she feels like it, she would tickle me but Jamie’s is harder. Kara Scotts, a chocolate lover who is professional in playing the piano. She has various moods and my favorite Kara mood is when she is hyper. I love the feeling of her screaming or jumping, but when she is in a bad mood; you do not want to touch her. Jamie Caveman, well I’ve known her since I was little but I didn’t see her then during my childhood until now and she is my roommate. She loves nature and animals, that she hates seeing animals getting killed. She definitely overreacts with animals even when they are not badly hurt. What I have discovered recently about her is that when she is tired she gets hyper. Since I’m next oldest, I will skip myself. Sam Scotts, the brother of Kara, is a vegetarian that when you see him, you can give all vegetables to him. He likes to read comic books such as Calvin and Hobbes and etc. After church, his shirt is soaked in sweat but I don’t mind because he’s my brother. Adreas Adams, the only boy in his family besides his dad but loved by all his sisters. He one brave brother that likes to try very interesting stuff, he is like Danelie, the second oldest in the Adams family, loud and sporty. Talking about sportiness, he is a sprinter. When he is loud, he entertains people during dinner. Taylor Scotts, the youngest in the Scotts family loves sports just like her sister. When he has a temper, just avoid it and don’t get involved or else. He’s cute when he prays, because he as the voice to make it cute. Sometimes, he just needs to control himself or sometimes he needs some encouragement.

As being part of the dorm and going to an international school, friends and family came pouring in and they have become part of my life. The many outings that we have went to as a dorm, taught me that a dorm like this don’t have strict rules like “go wash your own clothes” or “clean the toilet” but it’s always about fun and family.