You Don't Know Me Like I Know Myself | Teen Ink

You Don't Know Me Like I Know Myself

June 5, 2014
By AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland
AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland
15 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.


Each and everyday I hear you're not going to be successful, you're a failure, you're never going to be nothing in life, or you need to change yourself if you want to hang with us. I thought long and hard. I didn't know whether I should change myself or stay the same. 6th grade I was a complete failure to be honest I don't even know how I passes. I had E's and all the way through 4 quarter when school had let out. I've tried Sucicde and I experience everything at age 11-years-old and people say I've changed in a negative way. But listen I've wore clothes that wasn't even my style, I wore Jeans that wasn't my style, I wore hair that wasn't my STYLE! Just for friends. Just for friends though. But it wasn't until Middle School when I told myself I'm not changing for nobody because nobody know me like I know myself. I went from childish to mature. I've went from a failure to a successful person. I'm in a ROTC school and look at me now I'm a Corpall. People talk about me. But guess what I let that fly out the door because people going to talk about you to the day you die. I'm afraid of the dark and each and every night when I don't go to sleep I'm reading. How can I read in the dark? Flashlight hahhaha. People say Mya you need to rest your brain and you know what I said? No because if I turn my brain off I might miss an opportunity. I've listen to Eric Thomas speeches on YouTube and trust me it's powerful and that's what keep me motivated. I have a high risk of getting diabetes, I'm getting obesity, and also I'm diagnose with Depression and Bipolar and you know what I'm doing? I'm still being my true self. I'm on medication I don't care because if I wouldnt't have went through what i went through when I was 11-years-old I wouldn't be the person I am today which is Mature, Risky, Outgoing,Challenging, etc.


The author's comments:
I made this article if there were another person that went through the same thing I went through I want them to have confidence in themselves and that PEOPLE DON'T KNOW YOU LIKE YOU KNOW YOURSELF!