Be Yourself | Teen Ink

Be Yourself

By HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania

"You are not popular by the number of friends you have but, by the number of true friends you have." --Me

For so many years of my life, I was scared to be me. Those middle school years are when you are supposed to find out who you are, not everyone wants you to be. For my first middle school year I was just trying to be invisible. That didn’t work… So, my second year I made new friends. They would help me through everything. My last year in middle school, I dropped many of my friends and am sticking to my 3 best friends. They are more than friends, they are sisters. They are always the first to know everything. My advice to everyone big or small, making friend is not always your top priority. Making those few friends that will never give up on you no matter what. You do not need many friends, you just need a select few. Possibly 2 or 3. After middle school and high school age you will never talk too many of these people anyway. Middle school is about learning who you are. Believe in yourself and let people choose you for who you are.

Bob_The_Un1c0rn BRONZE, St. Thomas, Pennsylvania
What I'm not 1 of your best friends.  I'm not like a brother to you. :(  JK.  Even though you didn't put me up there, I know you included me.