Relief | Teen Ink

Relief

March 11, 2014
By choc2013 GOLD, Slough, Other
choc2013 GOLD, Slough, Other
15 articles 3 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am selfish. I am brave. I am Divergent."


Adrenalin coursed through my veins as I anxiously entered the room, with organised wooden tables alongside blue hued chairs. The dreaded paper lay still on the oak-wood surface along with a couple of general stationery; pens, pencils and rulers. Recalling back to the night before, things from equations to scientific terminology and ket facts flashed across my vision, only increasing the rate that my heart beat. As the test commenced, my clammy hands grasped the black biro, beginning to write as fast as a scuttling mouse. Questions came flying at me from every direction as my continuously shaking hands punched an equation into the clever, mechanical, calculator.
'Only two more pages to go!'

My hand kept writing, moving across the science tat paper quickly, as a throbbing pain emerged onto my left arm.
the bell rang loudly, piercing my eardrums like a sharp knife. Panic rose to my chest as my paper was taken away.

'The last page! I hadn't completed it!'

With wobbly legs, I stood and left the room as fear crept into me, taunting me.

the next day, walking into the Physics classroom felt like a nightmare come true! The teacher passed out the papers at a painstakingly slow pace, almost like a tortoise! My paper fell onto my desk, with a scribble of a name, distinctly scrawled on it, along with numbers circled in red pen.

"Yes!"

I had passed. I felt a sense of relief wash over me like a shallow wave. A grin played across my face a s fear left me, replaced with a sense of joy!


The author's comments:
This was during my science test and I was feeling extremely nervous but then in the end, I managed to score some pretty decent marks!