You Thanked Me, Because I Showed You Someone Cared | Teen Ink

You Thanked Me, Because I Showed You Someone Cared

By JadeKae SILVER, Jonesville, Michigan
JadeKae SILVER, Jonesville, Michigan

Live Your Dreams

My friends and I were headed to math class, when one of them stopped me. She looked at me, and I could tell something was wrong. She said, "Can I talk to you?" I said "Yes, of course!" We headed down the hall, then stopped. She then proceeded to tell me how someone we went to school with was calling her names, and how she just wanted to kill herself so it could all be over. She made me swear not to tell her parents. However I knew that I had to. I told my parents, who then told her parents. I knew I had to do something to show her someone cared. So I used an idea from an article in one of my chicken soup books. The story was called, "Why He Should Live." A girl made a list of reasons why her friend who was contemplating suicide should live. I came up with 50+ reasons, and gave it to her the next day. She came to me after class, gave me a hug, and thanked me. Because of that, my wonderful best friend is still alive today.

I hope people will see that situations like these aren't hopeless, and they CAN help.