Your Name | Teen Ink

Your Name

January 30, 2014
By tinkerbell0221 GOLD, Newark, Delaware
tinkerbell0221 GOLD, Newark, Delaware
11 articles 1 photo 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Live, Laugh, Love


They talk about you. Everyday, never failing, that is the subject they are on when I am around. They do it to get a rouse out of me. Well, I have news for them it is not going to work.

You walked away from me. You made the choice to leave. Anyone that is able to do that to me is not worthy of any space in my mind and time of my thoughts. I do not waste energy on you, so why do they waste energy on the subject when I am around? They think they are capable of breaking me down. Taking me back to the darkness I once called life. It’s not going to happen. I am stronger than that. I have a life to live that does not involve you.

I will admit for a little while after you left I was stuck on you. My best friend left my side for yours. You took my life away. But now, today, I know I am perfectly fine without you. They talk for hours about you. And that is okay. They just want a rouse out of me. That’s all they want. Hearing your name and hearing their stories don’t bother me. I have a new love, both human and hobby. I have new friends so you can have the old. I have new strength so take the weakness.

My life revolved around you for nearly a year. But that’s okay. It doesn’t anymore. I knew you were leaving. I could feel it every time I saw you. I could see it in your face. I could hear it in your voice. And I could feel it in your touch. You could have left earlier. It would have hurt less. I would have moved on a lot faster. My life revolves around someone new now, someone who cares. He is different than you. He gives me his all even on his worst days. He talks to me, and helps me through things. You only left me to drawn in the darkness alone. They don’t understand that hearing your name doesn’t bother me. They think it does because what bothers me is, if it weren’t for me they wouldn’t know you the way they do.

They talk about you. Everyday, every time I am around. They say your name. And every time they do I just smile because, you no longer exist to me. All I see is black, a blank slate when I hear your name.


The author's comments:
This piece includes an on going experience of mine. I hope that those who read this can relate and understand and maybe can connect. Happy reading and Enjoy!