Blue Eyed Boy

Im going to learn how to skateboard, I told myself watching the boy with the blue eyes do tricks and flips with an old, chipped skateboard. The crack of the skateboard hitting the asphalt echoed in my ears and I cringed with each one. I imagine the board splitting as it hits the ground once more and the boy flailing to the ground, arms and legs going AWOL. I tried to stifle a laugh, so not to be noticed. Once I decide that I’m gonna learn how to do tricks like that so I can go do tricks with that boy, I sit and listen the cracks of the blue eyed boys skateboard. The sound of it fills me with the feeling of thrill. The cracks shout in praise as the boy executes each trick more perfect than the last.

Then another boy comes. A taller, older boy. He also has a skateboard, but it’s newer. The new boy has long brown hair, so long I don’t know how he sees. I like the younger boy I decide especially his old skateboard.

The older boy starts doing tricks, but there bigger and better than the younger boys tricks. His skateboard cracks with each hit on the asphalt, but it’s not the same as the blue eyed boys. The new boys cracks are hollow, they have no meaning to the sound. Because the new boys tricks are all for show and no heart stands behind them. The younger boy watches in awe as I watch in disgust. The older boy ignores him, to absorbed in his own greatness that he just keeps flipping the board around under his feet. The blue eyed boy tries to copy the older boy, but slips and falls to the ground with a thump. I wince feeling sorry for the boy expecting the boy to stop, but he doesn’t. He gets back up and tries again. Even though he fails at the new boys tricks, the crack of his skateboard still sounds joyous. As if the skateboard shouts praise of trying new things. The thought of this fills me with ambition.

Im going to learn how to skateboard so I can skateboard with the blue eyed boy.
So we can make our boards shout with praise of falling and getting back up again. So we can so the new boy the right way to skate.

theblondechickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 3:52 pm:
This was so cute and discriptive. You had me rooting for the blue eyed boy. Hope you learned to skateboard!

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 7:17 pm :
Haha yeah he ended up teaching me how to, but I havent done it in a long time. Thanks for reading!

TimexxFliesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like it. Thumbs up. :)