How to Not Get Embarrassed | Teen Ink

How to Not Get Embarrassed

By Tocsain PLATINUM, Granbury, Texas
Tocsain PLATINUM, Granbury, Texas

I don’t understand how people get embarrassed. I do “embarrassing” things all the time and I find them to be hilarious. Especially those people that get embarrassed by their house, “oh I’m sorry, I’m completely embarrassed. It’s a mess! Here let me pick that up,” *picks up a single molecule sized speck of dust* For the love of a hut! I can’t even express how annoying those people are, I've been homeless before, hotel hoping I like to call it, and I embrace it. “Come over to my place, I’ll give you a tour of today’s hotel. Here is the bed, and that’s the door to the bathroom. Lovely place right?”

Yes, and I know what’s on your mind, “what color was the walls?” Well they were a hideous brown color that you would normally see in your toilet to answer your question, and no, I wasn't even embarrassed by that.

I also don't understand the people that get embarrassed by their parents. I mean come on, they’re your family, it’s not like you can choose them, just deal with them until you can leave. “My mom is SUPER embarrassing, she yelled out her pet name for me in front of the WHOLE school when she dropped me off.” Who cares? Everyone’s mom gives them a nickname. She’s your mom! I've had to go years being called KK, Katiebug, Nicoke-a-cola, and much more. I loved it. It’s not embarrassing, it’s caring. I would rather some random weird name than to not be noticed at all or cared for by my parents. Just build a bridge that is a spitting image of you, and get over yourself.

Everyone also seems to get embarrassed by their younger siblings more than anything. “But mom! I don’t want to take them with me, they are just going to embarrass me!” Again, you can’t pick your family, and also, most people think everything they do is incredibly adorable because they are young and at the “everyone thinks I’m precious” state. Therefore, you shouldn't be embarrassed. You are dragging around little beasts of everything in the category of “aww” on your leash. You should be happy and bow down to your mom for giving you the gift of the attention you've been craving, not taking it the opposite way and crying in your little pink filled, girly room because you are embarrassed that your crush saw you babysitting what you probably call “the little demons.”

One thing to keep in mind is that if it’s embarrassing to you then you are creating it in your reality in which people are going to laugh in your face. You shouldn't care what other people think or what they are going to say about it. Instead of getting embarrassed, just laugh at the insane tragedy of “embarrassment” you have just conjured up.

Another thing to keep in mind, make sure you wear cute underwear that you are proud to wear. You might have an incident like me where you are the monkey in the middle, go to pick up the ball, and have your pants rip. If you wear cute underwear, then it shouldn't be embarrassing, just a fashion show of something you don’t want revealed but now have no choice for that split moment of realization until you cover it.

So heres a list of things to remember:
1.A molecule of dust does not make your house dirty.
2.A hideous brown colored wall is not the way to go.
3.You are stuck with your family, embrace it.
4.Imagining yourself as a giant bridge is very amusing.
5.Your siblings are a little bundle of “aww,” they are “aww demons.”
6.Laugh at your sorry self.
7.Cute underwear is less embarrassing especially in a game of monkey in the middle.

At least I think that’s how the list is supposed to go.