Hairshamonic Intermeelian Pok | Teen Ink

Hairshamonic Intermeelian Pok

November 7, 2013
By Waltre Vail BRONZE, Gold Hill, Oregon
Waltre Vail BRONZE, Gold Hill, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I personally do not like my hair one bit. It is a curly, messy wad of tumbleweed on my head. There are ways to correct or tame it, but there is no way to make it what I really want. At the moment, I wear a hat upon my head. I have gone through many many hair styles in the past years, and they have not yet suited my preferences.

The hair I really want is “the Brad Pitt.” He has these long flowing, locks of slightly greasy, yet very beautiful and flawless hair. It is tucked behind his ears so elegantly. It is almost hard to comprehend. In my attempt to make my hair just like his, I am starting by making my hair long. It is super curly and flows similar to a dark golden wave. I am just about forced to wear a hat or a headband every day.

Speaking of headbands, I am wearing a beautiful pink and yellow twisted band. It is as if two pink ropes and a yellow rope were braided together. That’s actually exactly what it is. People tend to tell me I’m a funny guy. I mostly agree, but I hate to take too much credit. Ahh, who am I kidding. I agree completely. I tend to be a fairly selfish guy, and people don’t seem to mind, but I try to be nice. When I wear my headband to school, the students think I’m just trying to be the funny guy that they think I am. That was the case, to start, but I am actually starting to like it.

I don’t just wear the one headband. One day I deciding to make my hair look good in its natural state; rather than covering it up. I was at my house in the morning preparing myself for an average, boring day of school when.. Boom! It hit me. I could wear my sister’s headband that was sitting on the counter. It was a nice thick band too. When I arrived at school I got a few compliments. Zebadiah has a very long afro. He wears a headband the makes his hair go down the side of his head. I personally think it makes him look like a hippie. Anyways, when I wear my thicker headband, I fluff up my hair that is on the top and the rest goes down the side like normal. I was told by a few people that I look like Ben Stiller in the movie Dodgeball. He wears thick purple headband with really curly, flowing locks that are, in a way, combed towards the back of his head. I’ll admit it. I would really look like him if I grew out a good handlebar mustache.

In the fine years of middle school, I had the same boring haircut the whole time. I would grow it out long and then cut it real short for baseball. My mom is the one who cuts my hair. She says it’s because we need to save money, but I know that we really don’t need to at all. My dad has his own plumbing company, Vail Plumbing is the name, and he kind of makes decent bank. Anyways, when my mom cuts my hair, she cuts it down to about an inch or so. This allows for a good amount of time until it gets too long again. I really like when she cuts it at one inch, because then it grows to two inches, which is my favorite length for my hair. I really like it at two inches because it isn't too curly and it looks fine with or without a hat.

Even further back in time, before middle school even, I rocked a wicked mohawk. Last of the Mohicans, that’s what my mother always called me. She called me that because I was the last of all her kids, and it was a movie or something like that. I am really not too sure, though. It probably had something to do with the mohawk I had, too. The idea of this hair style came to me from my older sister, Jackie. She would babysit me and do my hair when she got bored. The reason for this is because Jackie was still in highschool and she liked to some girly stuff, shes more of outdoors person now, though She was my favorite of the eight sisters I have, but only I knew that. I was always told, by all my sisters, that I was their favorite brother. I was their only brother. So when I say Jackie is my favorite, it really means something. Her being my favorite is the only reason I listened to her and shaved a mohawk on my head. I visited this sister in Maui recently, and all that sun made my hair super blonde.

This really blonde hair and the visiting of my sister happened the summer before my freshman year of high school. That year and my sophomore year have been the most interesting for my hair. I did not do a whole lot of renovating with my hair in the beginning of the year, but it did get good. For the past three or four years I have been dying to get a reverse mohawk. With two weeks left in the year, it happened. I came home from school on a Friday and trimmed my hair a small amount with some scissors. The next morning came, and realized I needed to touch up a few areas. On the way to my parents’ bathroom I asked my dad where momma had gone off to. “Your momma?” he asked. “She went off to town, boy.”

This news made me a happy boy. I was a happy boy because, since my mother was gone, it meant I could get my hands on them head shavers. To give myself a reversed mohawk, of coarse. I sat there on the toilet for a good twenty minutes, thinking of how it should be. As i looked around the large bathroom, with a tub/shower and some shaggy rugs, I realized that she left a note on the counter. It wasn’t very important to me though. Finally, I got it: I would simply shave the whole top surface of my head. Mr. Hokanson, my History teacher with a good personality, at the time actually pointed out that it looked like a cul-de-sac. I found it funny, because he is naturally balding on the top and he is starting to get a cul-de-sack. My hair looked absolutely terrible when I wasn’t wearing a hat. With a hat it actually looked good, though, because the sides look exactly the same as before I had cut it. It was quite the big deal when I showed people at school. One of my friends even said, “You are f***ing goofy, bud.” I agreed, but I didn’t want to. Anyways, that was one of my favorite haircuts ever.
I have recently been trying only minor changes and accessories, but I’m ready for a big change. My mom is really bothering me to cut it, but that cannot happen. I am very close to pulling off the look of the man, Brad Pitt. My mom also hates him, so it might not be a possibility. But no matter what, there is much change in the future ahead.