Summer Lovin | Teen Ink

Summer Lovin

By Rachel Wheeler GOLD, Lewisville, Texas
Rachel Wheeler GOLD, Lewisville, Texas

Creeeeak. Creeeeak. Creeeeak.
The sound of the wood warping. More and more the further down we went. The narrow walkway surrounded by water leading us down to the square platform.

I lift my orange v-neck over my head and a high pitch gust of air came flowing out of his mouth. “ Damn you look good girl.” My blood red string bikini barely covered me and my blue denim shorts showed off my fit-to-run-track legs. He took of his blue and white striped wifebeater and him warm hand fell in place of mine. He pulled me closer and i felt a rush of terror.

My face went red and i knew romeo would try and push me into the dark cold green lake. I struggle to break free but it doesn't help. He clasped my head in his hands “ Do you trust me?”. He was gazing into my eyes, with a smirk on his face. I took a leap of faith and said yes. He took my hand and we jumped.

I felt the air around me. The feeling of everything stopping. the peacefulness. Quietness. Time stood still. For that split second I felt free. Like a real teenager living the life. All of a sudden it stopped I could see the green muggy water surrounding me. The cold shock of the water. My heart under pressure. I felt my feet tapping to bottom of the lake ever so slightly. The gritty sand in between my toes. My hand that was once filled with the warmth of another was chilled and lony. As I break the surface I see the bright sun in my face and the warmth of the summer day. I spot him and swim towards him. We turn the corner of the platform and grab the tangled rope above our heads.

“Its so cold.” i said, breathing heavily
“Well come here.” He said as he pulled me closer to him. He slid his arm under my legs and picked me up wedding style. I wrapped my arms around him. I knew that we were more then friends at this point. I layed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I could feel his arms flexing as he lifted me into the air. I opened my eyes and looked at him. For a split second I thought he was going say something but he dropped me in the water and I sank to the bottom. when I came back up he was a few feet away from the rope.

“You wanna race!” he said
“Sure?” i said as i swam over to him.
“Ready,go!” he said. He took off leaving me in the muggy green water all alone. I smiled and started swimming towards him.
“Gosh, you're slow.” He said.
“Whatever.” I said. When I got to him he locked his hands around my waist and looked me in the eyes. I was carrying on a conversation. Some jibber jabber. just talking. I saw him lean in and I decided to peck him of the lips.

It was fast. Smooth. I wasn't sure what he was thinking. He was just staring at me. Smiling. He finally said something after what felt like hours.
“I wasn't expecting that.” he said
“Really?” I said
“Yeah, I didn't know you liked me.” he said over the loud noise of the jet ski passing by.
“Yeah.” I said as I smiled into his eyes. we climbed back onto the platform and we walked back to the car. And thats just the beginning of my summer lovin’.