Born Again | Teen Ink

Born Again

September 16, 2013
By ninja-artist BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
ninja-artist BRONZE, Raleigh, North Carolina
1 article 5 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love Himself self was not afraid to die so we could be saved." -Michael Card


My knees hit the floor. Hair clung to my face, mingled with the sweat and tears of my striving, my determination. I was ready to give up, and yet still I tried. I needed peace! I wanted a reason to live! I did not want to die in my sin. My heart was empty. An aching whole where there should have been something. I prayed. I tried everything I had learned as a kid. Nothing. I prayed harder, I sobbed, I begged that the skies would no longer block my prayers, my supplications, my anguish. Still nothing. I was on my face now, I was determined that this was the night I would be saved, because I knew that if I was not, my life had no purpose; I would have no reason to live. I gave up, and let go of my pride. There was no use in trying. Who was I kidding? I could never get into heaven on my own. Then, something. It was as if He said,” Now you fully understand. Lay all your cares, all your burdens, all your sins on me.” Peace filled my soul, a soothing balm. My empty heart was filled with the love of God, and joy. Like a wave washing over a beach, my sins were washed away. Jesus, the Son of God, my Savior, had cleansed me. I do not fear death, and I have a reason to live.


The author's comments:
This piece is about the night I was saved.