Defining Myself | Teen Ink

Defining Myself

By imkayydavis SILVER, Missouri City , Texas
imkayydavis SILVER, Missouri City , Texas

"Be yourself and not who people want you to be."

How do I define myself? At this point of time in my life there are many ways I can define myself because I’m still a teenager. If I had to choose I would define myself as hardworking. I will do anything to achieve my goals in life. I struggled all through high school with math. I went to tutoring, hired my own tutor, but nothing seemed to work. My senior year I took PreCalculas. I did everything to succeed in the subject, but I could not understand the material. The struggle in PreCalculas was real. Although I could not succeed in PreCalculas I never gave up on myself. I tried to make something shake and I did. I graduated high school and plan to attend Lamar University in the fall of 2013. I'm majoring in Accounting. Some people may ask why accounting because I'm not so great in math, but Accounting is different. Accounting is basically applying the concepts of math to the rules of accounting. I understand the concept very well. I will do anything and use all of my resources on campus to succeed. I plan on taking summer classes each year to get ahead. When I graduate college I want to go further my education and attend grad. school to get my Master's degree in order to sit for the Certified Public Accountant Exam also known as the CPA Exam. I am planning to put in long hours of studying, multitasking with school and work, and just being the best I can be at everything I do. If I want to be successful, I must work hard to get it. Not just me, that is for anyone who want to succeed in life. Quitting is not an option in my lifestyle. No one can ever make you quit but yourself. It’s great to try your best at everything, no matter what obstacles you come across.

Always strive to do your best at any and everything. Stairway to success! The sky is the limit. Hard work always pay off in the end!