When I break the world record.... | Teen Ink

When I break the world record....

August 6, 2013
By praveen.Trichy PLATINUM, Thirchy, Other
praveen.Trichy PLATINUM, Thirchy, Other
25 articles 0 photos 57 comments

Favorite Quote:
cruel leaders are replaced only to turn other leaders cruel


"The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win"~Roger Bannister

If dreaming was a better thing to do, what is better than dreaming? It’s nothing, but making efforts to make the dreams come true. I can still remember clearly the greatest moment of my life. I can still remember the various emotions that aroused in me on seeing the huge screen in front of me flash that I had broken the world record and great applause that followed later by my friends and teachers.

I remember the words from the book once I read a long time ago. In fairy tales, the princess kiss the frogs and frogs become prince. In real life, the princesses kiss the princes, and the princes turn in to frogs. To be honest, I had never dreamed of becoming a world record holder, especially in Mathematics. It had all changed. I know nothing had changed really but the instant I understand did something in my life that nobody ever in the earth had done, I felt a perfect silence around me. I know I was not dead and I know all my friends were shouting around me, yet I felt a peaceful silence around me.

I was interviewed by a reporter from the Times of India news paper, ‘What was the first thing you remembered when you broke the world record’? I answered him that it was the day I told my mother that one day, she would be proud of having me as her son. I do not know how many days I had slept in bed with pillow full of tears. I honestly never know how many times, I prayed to God to take my life away. If the life is full of suffering what could be the best blessing then to end your life without knowing, it has gone far away.

Within a few seconds, a normal person can become a super human. It is not what causes him to do it, but just that he changed to achieve the goal of his life. As a teenager, I know I was just in the beginning of my life, yet I had always longed to see its certainty. In my experience I clearly understand a universal fact that a man can change his destiny, until the destiny itself comes to his life and reveal his destiny. If a person is true to be who he is, despite how ever larger his dreams and how ever greater his problems in life were, he will achieve his dream.

I broke the previous record of calculating the calendar for one hundred thousand years in the shortest time. The previous record holder had finished his calculation in 60 minutes. I had finished it in 40 minutes. I am a present LIMCA BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS holder in mind calculations.

I believe if there is an end, then there will be a new beginning for sure. I believe it’s true that one can always understand the true meaning of the life through allowing unexpected things to happen in his life. I believe I have miles to travel, miles to laugh, miles to cry and miles to achieve. I opened the newspaper the next day and I read a title that said, ‘He calculated the Calendar in his mind.'