Metamorphosis Camp | Teen Ink

Metamorphosis Camp

By AriannaNicole PLATINUM, Palmyra, Missouri
AriannaNicole PLATINUM, Palmyra, Missouri

A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere.
Joyce A. Myers

Church Camp, changing my life a day at a time, flipping my world upside down in under a week. It's crazy how fast you grow to trust someone who is kind to you. I guess that's why on the second night of Metamorphosis Camp I decided to share my story with a little group of eight I had been paired with. A lot of tears were shed and I talked to my Meta Leaders for a long time after everyone else had left. One thing they said broke me down and built me up at the same time. They said I am a child of God. I, Arianna, am a Child of God. The next day, I felt Him in me. He had opened my eyes, ears, heart, and mind. Then Friday night, God gave me the strength and guts to do something incredible. At worship, the entire camp was laughing and talking. Then the mic was offered to anyone who wanted to tell their story, and suddenly the room fell silent. After looking around and seeing nobody was going to volunteer, I stood up. Everyone watched me as I made my way to the front of the room. Once there, I began to tell my story. I told of how I hated God for the longest time for taking my dad away from me. My hands shook, but I continued to tell of how being at the camp surrounded by such astounding people had made me realize that I was angry for nothing. God hadn't taken my dad away from me. My dad had done that himself. All God had done was give me the strength to hold my head high and keep walking. As I went to sit back down, another person went up. Then another until multiple had told their deepest secrets and harshest memories. I had God work through me this week and it was the greatest feeling I've ever experienced. To those who are lost, seek God for He mended my broken soul and I know he can do the same with you.

Outstanding. I love that you're so unabashedly sharing your experience -- you will no doubt give others courage to step forward as well.