Make Yourself Happy. | Teen Ink

Make Yourself Happy.

By RaafayAwan PLATINUM, Multan, Other
RaafayAwan PLATINUM, Multan, Other

me and my life!

I always thought there were two types of people. Ones who make others happy and the ones who depend on others to make them happy. But I figured out there is a third type as well .. Ones who make themselves happy.

I have been giving it a thought. It has taken me days to actually figure out... it is us who will make ourselves happy. We don't really have to depend on others for that.

People will argue these things are easier said than done. Really? Are they. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

How do we actually define happiness? Hmm. I read somewhere.

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. "

We can find happiness just by noticing minor things around us. I mean .. Don't wait for people to make you happy because eventually no one will . Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.

Life has cycles, happy and sad, it depends on you which ones you want more.
-Go out for a walk with cool breeze blowing early morning and have a look at the fresh flowers and greenery around you, it will make you happy.

-Try something new and exciting. Anything that you have never done before in your life. That will make you happy.

-Watch a movie, something that will make you laugh, that will relax you. Make you forget about the tensions and worries and burden of real life, that will make you happy.

-Look at the moon and stars at night, focus on them, it will give you that calmness, that unnoticed calmness that you won't even feel but will make you happy.

-Play with kids? I mean, just play with them, spend time with them no matter how annoying they look, they do such stuff that you have no choice but to love, it will make you happy.

-Do things yourself, everything that is related to you, do it yourself and don't ask others to help you with it, it will give you satisfaction, which will make you happy.

-Instead of just telling people what your hobbies are, give time to your hobbies. That will make you happy.

I mean there is a long long list of things that we can do for ourselves. Guess we mostly confuse satisfaction with happiness. If we are satisfied we think we are happy, but that is not the case, we can be satisfied but not happy, we can be happy yet not satisfied.

Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness. It isn't something that stays with you forever, there will be sparks of it. More if you make yourself happy, less if you will wait others to make you happy. It all depends on you.