the last time. | Teen Ink

the last time.

June 25, 2013
By toniee613 BRONZE, Land O Lakes, Florida
toniee613 BRONZE, Land O Lakes, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

it is the start of the brand new year January 4th I wake up and I go to get my hamster and I see that he’s not moving I got scared then I picked him up and I screamed I ran down to my mom in tears saying Theodore died. He was the best hamster I was balling. Then my mom sent me out to look for a rock in the neighborhood so we can engrave his name into the stone and put it in the backyard where we buried Theodore .I was walking back to the house with a nice looking stone when I saw a ruby red car in my drive way and that’s my grandmas car. I walk in the house and my grandparents are on the couch they look worried I’m walking towards them and I see that my mom is in her bed room on the phone with someone tearing up, she gets off the once she sees me. My mom sits me down she starts crying .she mumbles something I couldn’t understand .. my grandma starts tearing up and I’m asking “what’s going on did something bad happen to you are you ok??!?” she finally calms down so I can understand her . she finally says.. Antonia your.. your .. your.. your dad died this morning. He called 911 saying he had chest pains and they were more serous than he thought he didn’t make it to the hospital he died in the ambulance.. I’m so sorry baby girl. NO YOUR LYING HE COULDN’T I JUST SAW HIM 3 DAYS AGO! I respond . my mom responds . Sweetheart your dad had a heart attack that caused his kidneys to fail and that is what killed him. I start balling out crying kicking and screaming trying to get up in my room. I just wanted to be alone.. I couldn’t take it. I just saw him 3 days ago ..the worst part is I didn’t even give him a hug or kiss him goodbye. I just said I love you daddy ill see u in 2 weeks and that’s it . that was my last words I had to him..


The author's comments:
i was inspired by a youtube video actually i saw on youtube how people put there story out there for people to see and i just wanted to do the same