McNicholas | Teen Ink

McNicholas

By KFinn BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
KFinn BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

McNicholas
When I was in seventh grade my whole family thought I was going to Saint Ursula Academy. If I never looked at McNicholas I never would have know that McNicholas was the school for me.
I chose McNicholas High School because it felt like home. The teachers were really nice. They reminded me of the Springer teachers. Every teacher I met seemed nice.
The second reason why I picked McNicholas High School was because the people were really nice and welcoming. The person who I was shadowing was really nice. She was funny to. We had some things in common: we both play soccer and we both have LD.
The third reason why I am going to McNicholas High School is because the LD people were really nice and helpful. The LD people reminded me of the teachers at Springer. The LD people seemed to be people who wanted to help and make sure I understood what was going on in class.
The fourth reason why I picked McNicholas High School is because it felt like home. McNicholas High School felt like home to me because everyone was really nice and welcoming. It felt like home because the people were willing to help me be successful.
The fifth reason why I am going to McNicholas High School is because it is co-ed. I did not want to go an all girls high school, I wanted to go to a high school that had a football team. If you go to a co-ed high school it is not as hard to get asked to a dance.
The sports are also no cut. I got cut from my select team and it felt horrible and I did not want that to happen again. I wanted to be able to play a sport in high school that is not really competitive.
McNicholas will be hard for me. My mom has told me that life isn’t easy. The nice thing about having a learning disability is that school was hard for me before I came to Springer. McNicholas will be like the school I went to before I came to Springer. To be successful in life you have to work hard. You do not just wake up and become successful you have to work hard to be successful.
The way I’ll know if was successful at McNicholas is getting I learned new things, got good grades, made new friends, had fun playing a sport and I getting into the college of my choice.