High Schools Over | Teen Ink

High Schools Over

By KatieCatania GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
KatieCatania GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

High school is over. Who knew that the best four years of your life would be gone like that? I remember my very first day of high school. I was scared and felt lost, but by the end of the week I realized that I wasn't the only one who felt that way. The upperclassmen looked tall and mature looking they made me feel small in this big school.
By Sophomore I knew what to expect from high school. I knew who my friends were and what subjects in school I was good at. Not trying out for sports my freshman year was my biggest regret and I decide to change that.That year, I played my first year of field hockey and lacrosse. Without theses sports, I don't know what I would've done with my life. I met some of the most genuine people in these sports that later on helped me through some high school struggles.
Junior year was like freshman year, but school become more changing. It was a new campus, with different rules but with the same people.This time it wasn't hard to adjust to the change.The toughest thing was taking the good ol’ ACT. Every high school student hates those three letters with a burning passion.
Senior year is where I had to decide where my next step in my life would start. College.Picking a college was hard because of the uncertainty of knowing what life would be like there.But the hardest part was getting accepted into the school you wanted. Once all this was done, all there was left is last couple months of high school. I can't wait to see what my future holds.