I Am Me | Teen Ink

I Am Me

By Lake22 GOLD, San Leandro, California
Lake22 GOLD, San Leandro, California

"I would rather die of passion than of boredom."-Unknown

Why am I here? How did I get here? Who cares? Those are the questions that ran through my head when I felt no one really cared, or really understood me. I felt like I didn't deserve anyone with all my trouble communicating through my mouth instead of my hands, and emotional baggage. For a while my way to deal with it was to push people away and I became a loner, felt sorry for myself. It was like a hole getting deeper filled with suicidal thoughts and pointlessness. It was then I realized what a coward I was becoming, having everything: a life, a family, friends, a school, a home. It was trust that was really the issue that made everything so complicated, always slipping through, but it doesn't mean every-one's like that. Everyday there are challenges, fears, and dislikes you have to face. It's life! Life has it's ups and downs whether you're a realist or an optimist. The second thing I realized was that I wasn't nothing and I belonged where I believed I did, I care and no one could understand me best, I'm me and I shouldn't have to change myself for others. A fighter? A new person? Anything I want to be, I am me and I have control over my own life. The only thing holding me back all along was me.
So to everyone going through a tough time out there, I've shared that experience from my life to show you it's time to take the first step all over again and stand up for a life with no regrets, regret keeps you from moving on, and thank/cherish anyone who cares/loves you whether its 2 years, even a couple months because you have a life, and you should live it.

I hope people can find their way again through a tough time(s) they are going through.