Senioritis | Teen Ink

Senioritis

May 21, 2013
By haleymccullough PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
haleymccullough PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
21 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Senioritis- A horrific contagious disease that causes students of the senior status to involuntarily reduce desire to participate in school-related activities, such as homework, final projects, and generic attention-paying. This disease is sweeping Arrowhead North Campus. Senior students cannot wait to get out of this school, and move on to their next stage in life. College.

School ends in just about 13 days for the seniors, and the signs are obvious. Advanced placement testing is just about finished, and most students are watching movies or playing games or hosting a party for the remainder of the week. Next week, however, holds a different future. Next week brings projects and final exam packets. Reviews and games of Jeopardy to sweep out the cobwebs in our brains. Hopefully this will be enough to hold our grades to the end of the year.

Most of the seniors are just looking forward to graduation. This year, the ceremony will take place at night, in the fabulous Arrowhead football stadium. The graduating class consists of 556 people, give or take a few. Its going to be a long night, but the satisfaction we will feel after getting that long-awaited diploma will be worth it. That diploma signifies everything we have been working for these last four years, everything we have finished and turned in to our teachers is culminated into our grades that allow us to pass from high school to college.

With senior year coming to a close, there’s only one way to overcome Senioritis-focus on your work, and avoid infection until summer!